When I was 9 years old son to the United States, sent him into that not far from the apartments of United States primary school when I was like his favorite thing to the one I do not trust people to keep all day long, extremely worried. This is the kind of school is! students can laugh in class, students play at least two hours a day, less than 3 o\'clock has come home from school in the afternoon, most of my eyes is no textbooks. The blond female teacher to see my son to school after grade 4 textbooks, thin said: \"I can tell you, prior to grade 6, his mathematics do not have to learn!\" Her smiling face full of goodwill, I\'m like a got a SAP. Time, wonder brought his son to the United States is the most stupid thing in life.
The days go by, watching the son carrying empty bag is happily going to school every day, my heart is not able to stop a sadness. In China, he starts from the grade 1, bag, and you\'re full, from grade 1 to grade 4, he changed the 3 bag, one more than a large, make people feel \"knowledge\" in increasing the weight of. In the United States, he didn\'t have to pay, this can be called school? a semester later, before the call to son, asked his United States school to give him the deepest impression is, he smiled and gave me a United States English: \"freedom!\" The word took on my forehead like a brick.
At this point, is a deep feeling of Chinese education. Seems more profoundly understand why Chinese children always took the Olympic Gold Medal of the competition at the international level. However, the thing to so only resignation.
Unknowingly a year later, son grow a lot of English, not straight home after school, but often go to the library, back to a big bag of books back from time to time. Asked he take so many books do, he looked at those borrowed books while playing with computer, and never looking up: \"job. ”
This called job did? a see son playing in computer screen Shang of title, I really some laugh or cry--China of yesterday and today under, such tianda of topic, even is Dr, dare to do did? so I strict sound harsh countenance asked is who of idea, son frankly tell: teacher said United States is immigrants national, let each students wrote a article describes own ancestors life of country of article. Request an overview of the country\'s history, geography, culture, analyses it and the United States are different, explain my views. I heard this, does not even bemoans the effort, I don\'t know that a 10 year old children to the operation of such a project that may not be able even to adults, what results is a? than a 10 year old child if education was buzhitiangaodihou, probably does not even able to eat later. A few days later, son to complete this operation. Unexpectedly, is one of the more than 20 pages of printed booklets. From Lombard to the hieroglyphics of the Yellow River, from the Silk Road to five-star red flag sth Bustling. I didn\'t praise, no judgement, because I own a little cheat, was the son I saw this article into separate chapters and sections, the second is the last bibliography is listed in the article. I think it was only after I graduate application writing, when I was 30 years old.
Soon, another job for the son came again. This is what I think of human culture. If the last job there is scope to follow, this can truly be said beyond was forgotten. Son is sincerely asking me: \"dumpling is culture?\" In order not to miss the future generations, I had to work with son access to authoritative reference books. Fees, and we managed to finish from the abstract to the concrete from the concrete to the abstract toss back and forth, son and several nights sitting at the computer significantly for the article. I look at the way his dedication, one can\'t help but grin, a primary school student, how to understand \"culture\" the concept of infinite rich connotation and the extension is unable to determine it? I hope to \"eat\" son of infinite interest don\'t make a fuss on the dumplings, steamed buns. In the United States education had become unfettered in son was undoubtedly made to the article, the print is 10 pages, and their cover, later in the article and the books of reference books. He said to me with elation: \"you say what is culture? actually simple-people create all enjoyable. \"The look of confidence, it seems that he found the others failed to find the truth. Later, the child teacher jobs seen back, with the teacher\'s remarks above: \"my original purpose of the arrangement of this job is to get children to broaden one\'s horizon, active thinking, and read their job results, often I entered I hope the children into the realm of. \"Meaning of q son remarks that, son, teacher not pride for us, but she surprised us. \"Isn\'t it?\" Son asked me. I say, I think this kid how to understand so many things? on second thoughts, no wonder, even cultural topics are dare to do things that kids are still afraid to assert it?
Son 6 end of the year when teachers left their jobs is a series on \"the second world war\" issue. \"Who do you think is responsible for this war?\" Do you think Nazi Germany what failed? \"\" If you are a Senior Adviser to President Truman, you will be on the United States drop the atomic bomb held what views? \" Do you think only drop the atomic bomb was a way to end the war? \" What do you think is the best way to avoid war today? \" …… If two years ago, see this issue, I would complain: this which is jobs, Senator\'s early training is competition! at this moment, I can calmly mull was the reason. Schools and teachers it is in this set q, transfer a humanitarian values to children, guide the children to look at the fate of humanity, let the children learn from a method of thinking on major issues. Is no standard answer these questions in the classroom, it answers, some of which may need a whole life to the children who seek. Looked at 12-year old son caught up in reading for the complete these job search, I couldn\'t help thinking the way I learn the history of the second world war, in accordance with the age event rote, the conclusions in the book knowing the pedantic as to remember the Bible, or, how by exam
Try bright future it? I think, we in the pursuit of knowledge in the course of repeated reflections on the conclusions are often significantly more than their predecessors. And do not have their own thinking, there is a new creation.When son graduating from elementary school, has been able to skillfully use computer and microfiche at the library system of his need to find a variety of text and image data. One day the two of us for the foraging habits of the lion and the Leopard to argue. The next day, he borrowed from the library to the United States national geographic photographing this animal videos, and I watch, discussion. Children faced with something he doesn\'t understand, know where to look for answers.
Son changes prompted me to look at United States primary education. I found, United States of primary school although no in classroom Shang on children were for large of knowledge indoctrination, but, they trying to to children of vision leads campus outside that endless of knowledge of marine, they to let children know, life of all time and space are is they learning of classroom; they no let children were to rote large of formula and theorem, but, they took pains to told children were how to thinking problem, taught children were face strange area looking for answers of method; they never with examination to students into various grades and ranks, but to make every effort to to certainly children were of all efforts, to commended children were own thinking of all conclusions, to protection and incentive children were all of created desire and attempts to. On one occasion, I asked my son\'s teacher: \"why don\'t you let the children learn by heart a few important things?\" Teacher smiled and said, \"to human creativity, there are two things more important than rote: one is what he needs to know where to look for much more than he could remember more of knowledge; another is his comprehensive use this knowledge for the new ability to create. Rote, neither one person knowledgeable, also does not make a man wise, this is my point of view. ”
I cannot help but think of a good friend of mine and my conversation. He studied astronomy, entered the United States to take a doctorate on the first day of college graduate school of 5 years, has been very well enjoy generous scholarships provided by the Department. He said to me: \"I wonder if on scholarship for academic achievement in the classroom, Americans often no match for the Chinese, but to the practice area, engaged in point of research topics, Chinese students are often not United States students so smart, so creative. \"I think he felt perhaps it is two different education systems as a result of differences between people. Chinese people are so used to in a delineation of the frame to display render, without a general reference, for many Chinese feel may often is not free, but fear and loss.
I often think of primary school education in China, think about sit straight behind the hands of the children in the classroom, think of the heavy burden of course, a wide variety of jobs, the strict examination of sth It makes people feel a holy and majestic at the same time, he also felt an enormous amount of repression and bound, how many generations are obedient but it will change the fate of it as a way out. This is a continuation of the cultural, it might have their own glory, but the face of modern society needs everyone\'s creativity in the face of tomorrow\'s world, how should we look at our own civilization did this breed?
No comments:
Post a Comment